Interesting Situation…

July 19, 2011

So I stopped blogging since September ’10. Opps. But I didnt stop crafting. I guess I am not good at keeping tabs. Well in February of this year, I was excited to learn my Husband and I will be expecting our first baby come early October. The first and second trimesters were great. I was blessed with no morning sickness or other common symptoms. Exhaustion wasnt too bad either as I worked my normal job.

But a day before I was to start my 7th month of pregnancy, a surprising change happened. Last Thursday started out as any other day. My husband was kind enough as always to let me sleep in as he took care of our pups in the morning. We had breakfast and off to work. It wasnt until 11am as I was walking to the restroom, that I thought the baby was sitting or kicked my bladder and I thought I started to pee myself. Very embrassing. It was a blessing that I decided to throw on a cotton jersey dress that day. Fast forward a couple of hours of me still leaking. Turns out my water broke and 12 weeks early to boot.

I was admitted to my hospital’s birthing center. Turns out that now that I have ruptured, I have to stay in the hospital on bed rest until the baby is born. Now the major concern is infection to me, cause it would get passed on to the baby and make him really sick. If an infection was to come on, the baby would have to be born immediately. The doctors want to make sure our little baby boy stays growing inside me becuase his lungs are not fully developed yet. They did give me two doses of steriods to help the lung development get kick started just in case I naturally gone into labor.

The goal is to make it to 34 weeks pregant, roughly 5.5 weeks from now. At that point babies lungs will be good, and developmentally they say you cant see a difference when the child is older compared to a baby born at 40 weeks along. Plus after 34 weeks and having the rupture, there are too many risks to me that could occur, so they induce me.

I must say, this was a definite surprise, as I was determined to work until the end of my pregnancy. Also a surprise that the baby will be coming early. But I know I am where I should be and so far after 5 days of best rest, I am still in good spirits and a positive mind.

The hospital here has been fantastic. I have been blessed in my life where the only hospital stay was when I was 7 for my tonsil removal, but I wasnt sure what to expect. Everyone is wonderful, positive, and the nurses are great to talk to. They are so accomdating. I found out that they will let me bring in my sewing machine! Oh my gravy! I couldnt belive this. The food too, is a lot better than I thought it would. And plus all the nurses claim that I could order delivery or have my family or friends bring in food if I get sick of the hospital selection. I even had a nurse offer to get me smoothies from the coffee shop in the main part of the hospital!

So far, baby and I are doing well and counting down the days until 34 weeks rolls around.

Throughtout this whole pregnancy, I had a long long list of projects I wanted to finish before the baby arrived. I wasnt getting anything done. I guess now I have the time to get all the projects done while I am here.

I will continue to share my bed rest adventures here and hopefully a lot of projects that I will finish!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: